Tiramisu is one of the easiest dessert we can make without complex utensils such as oven. There’s a lot of different ways to make tiramisu, this is (so far) the easiest method for me.
- 250 gr Mascarpone Cheese
- 200 gr Whipped Cream (German: Schlagsahne)
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 tbsp. Sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Ladyfinger Biscuits (Italian: Savoiardi; German: Löffelbiskuit)
- Unsweetened Chocolate drink or Coffee
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Part 1: Mascarpone Mix
- Prepare 1 big bowl and 1-2 smaller bowls.
- Separate the egg white and the egg yolk.
- In a big bowl, whisk the egg yolk with sugar. Add a pinch of salt to reduce the raw egg smell. If you have problem consuming raw egg, you can “cook” this mixture above a boiling/simmering water.
- Put the mascarpone cheese inside the big bowl, mix well. In this step, some people prefer to put a bit of Liquor (most common is Amaretto or Rum Essence to get rid of the raw egg taste completely. But because I don’t consume alcohol so I put nothing extra).
- In another bowl, whisk the egg white until it gets stiff. Use of hand mixer makes the process faster. To know whether the egg white is stiff enough, try to turn the bowl upside down, if it stays, you’re good.
- If the cream is liquid (Schlagsahne), you have to whisk it with a hand mixer to make it into whip cream.
- Put the whip cream into the big bowl, mix a while, then put the stiff white egg and mix again. Done.
Part 2: Putting It Together
- Prepare coffee or chocolate drink, without sugar, with cold water. You shouldn’t use hot water because it will make the biscuit soggy. Some people also mix liquor in it, but again, I don’t consume alcohol so I just use plain coffee or chocolate.
- For serving we can use a big dish or small glasses.
- Now we start dipping the Ladyfinger biscuits one by one to the coffee or chocolate drink, and layer them on the dish. For the first layer, make the biscuit less soggy with dipping it quickly. Cover the whole bottom with the biscuits.
- Then cover the biscuit layer with the mascarpone mix prepared from Part 1 of this recipe. Spread well.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits and cream.
- Smooth the surface.
Now put the tiramisu in the fridge for at least 5 hours. Then before serving, dust the tiramisu with unsweetened cocoa powder.